1 Cup of Water
¾ Cup of Sugar
9 Tbsp (1 stick plus 1 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter Diced
18 oz. Bittersweet (not unsweet) or semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 Large Eggs
1 Cup of Heavy Cream
8 oz. Bittersweet (not unsweet) or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, Butter a 10” spring form pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment round, then butter the parchment. Wrap three layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil around the bottom and outside of the pan.
2. Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat, add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
4. Combine sugar syrup into the chocolate and butter using a whisk. Cool slightly. Add eggs to mixture and whisk until blended.
5. Pour batter into pan, place spring form into large roasting pan. Add enough water to the roasting pan to cover half way up the outside of the cake pan.
6. Bake until the center of the cake no longer moves when pan is gently shaken, about 50 minutes. Remove from water bath and completely cool in pan.
1. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, remove and add chocolate.
2. Whisk until smooth, then pour atop chocolate cake.
3. Shake the cake to spread ganache evenly.
4. Refrigerate for two hours. Then cover and keep refrigerated.