Serves 4-6 people
1 kg (2.2 lbs) boneless lamb
2 bay leaves 6 garlic cloves peele
2.5 cms fresh ginger peeled and choppe
10 tbs vegetable oi
4 medium onions peeled and choppe
4 tbs wate
10 cardamom pod
1 cinnamon stic
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Put the ginger, garlic, and 4 tablespoons of water into a blender. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
• Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and brown the meat cubes.
• Put the cardamom, bay leaves, cloves, and cinnamon into the same hot oil. Stir and wait until the bay leaves begin to take on color.
• Now add the onions. Stir and fry for about 5 mins or until they turn a medium brown.
• Put the ginger garlic paste into the pot and stir for about 30 secs.
• Now add the coriander, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Stir and fry for 30 secs.
• Add the meat cubes and juices. Stir for 30 secs, now add 1 tablespoon of yogurt and stir until well blended. Now add the remaining yogurt.
• Add about 250 ml of water, bring to boil.
• Cover and cook on low for an hour. Stir the meat every 10 minutes.
• When the meat is tender, uncover, turn the heat up to medium again to boil away some of the liquid.
Serve and enjoy